Hi. This is Susy Thomas with your weekly real estate advice. Today I'm talking to people who are thinking about buying a home. As I've mentioned before, the first thing that you want to do is check
The Home Buying Process
· For 44 percent of recent buyers, the first step that they took in the home buying process was to look online at properties for sale, while 17 percent of buyers first contacted a real estate agent.
· Seventy-eight percent of recent buyers found their real estate agent to be a very useful information source. Online websites were seen as the most useful information source at 88 percent. - Buyers typically searched for 10 weeks and looked at a median of 10 homes.
· The typical buyer who did not use the internet during their home search spent only four weeks searching and visited four homes, compared to those who did use the internet and searched for 10 weeks and visited 10 homes.
· Among buyers who used the internet during their home search, 87 percent of buyers found photos and 85 percent found detailed information about properties for sale very useful.
· Sixty-two percent of recent buyers were very satisfied with their recent home buying process
Susy grew up in Detroit, graduated from Michigan State University. She has lived in San Diego for over 35 years. While working as a purchasing manager in the restaurant business she was offered the o....